Monday, November 26, 2007

Farewell, green-goers!

Farewell, loyal blog-readers.

The time has come for the semester to end, and my blogging to cease (at least at this speedy rate).
I hope you cherish all of the wonderful times we've had together- learning the beauty of black beans, the joys of St. John's Wort, and the dangers of traditional Western medicine.

But seriously- if there is one thing I will remember about this class, it's how we combined our knowledge with the forefront of information on living green, now becoming a huge phenomenon in the United States.
And it's about time- all it takes is a few minutes to change a lightbulb into one more eco-friendly, or a second thought to turn off the running water while you're brushing your teeth.
These little actions will help us all in a big way, and I hope that if there's anything YOU take away from this, it's that the small stuff really does count.
I have learned a lot in my eco-adventures. Up until this point I had never blogged before, nor used the Internet for educational purposes (I know, I know, shame on me). I'm realizing now that there is much out there to see and do, something I intend to get started on by graduating.
Living greeen is important, especially in this day and age.
So while you're printing out this last blog entry, scouring it for a bit of hope and inspiration (and hopefully a good laugh), please, please, please, reuse your printer paper.
And remember: Nothing feels better than helping to save the world.
So, turn off your water. Buy a hybrid car with all of the money you'll save on your bills.
We all prosper when we pitch in to do our parts.

Thanks for the good times,
Kelly

No comments: