Monday, October 1, 2007

Massage your aura

We get massages to relax and let go, but did you know that massage can actually be healing?
Reiki, (pronounced ray-kee), a form of massage that focuses on energy centers of the body, can work effectively in helping the body to heal itself and ward off infections.
My mother, who I spent all of last weekend with, is a massage therapist who works with reiki and told me stories of the different ways in which it works.
"Reiki was a Japanese method that used to be passed on from person to person," she said. "It's not physical touch, but it works with energy centers on the body and corrects imbalances."
Intrigued, I recieved a reiki massage.
Just as with any other form of massage, participants lay on a massage bed and try to relax. One of the differences between reiki and traditional massage is that you can be fully clothed to recieve a reiki massage. The major difference between traditional massage and reiki, however, is that Reiki does not involve touch.
The reiki practitioner (mine's name was Yumi) simply moves her hands 3 to 6 inches over the body, so that you can feel the warmth from their hands, but not actual contact. The action works to smooth out the energy surrounding the body, which is sometimes referred to as an aura.
The effect was very calming. I was skeptical at first but the massage proved to be soothing, and at the end I felt as though I had just received a facial or a traditional massage and was delightfully stress-free.
During the massage Yumi asked me if I could feel where her hands were as they passed over my body, and I was almost always correct in my guesses.
According to the International Center for Reiki Training, reiki heals by charging the energy fields on the body with positive energy. In doing so, it helps to cause negative energy to break away from the body by raising the vibratory level of these energy fields, which are often where negative thoughts and feelings are attached.
Reiki practitioners operate under the belief that there is a 'universal life force,' or 'ki' attached to each person and that this life force can be accessed and healed by trained practitioners.
Positive energy has long-since been attributed to health, therefore, after recieving a reiki massage and boosting your levels of positive energy, your body is better prepared to ward off infections or illnesses. Reiki practitioners are practicly everywhere. Are they in your town?

1 comment:

Healing World said...

Thank you very much. I agree with your article, this really helped me. I appreciate your help. Thanks a lot. Good website.
reiki crystals in India